Quarter Plan

Image result for jazz
For my summer English blog, I have chosen to read about the lives of my three favorite jazz musicians. I chose this topic because jazz is one of my favorite styles of music. I spend so much time listening to these amazing musicians, but I do not know about who they really were as people and what it is that made them so powerful and unique. I am interested in learning about the significant events in their pasts that attributed to their musical career and how they became so successful. I would also like to explore the similarities and differences between my life now and their lives then. I feel as though learning about these musicians lives, I will have a better understanding and appreciation of jazz and for the people who essentially created it.
Image result for miles davis Image result for herbie hancock Image result for charles mingus
Miles Davis                                Herbie Hancock                         Charles Mingus


My essential questions for this topic are:

- How does life experience impact ones musicianship

- How does pop culture effect ones music

- How does life experience create and mold a person into who they are?

- How do the lives of these musicians compare to the lives of musicians today?

Books:

Beneath the Underdog: His World as Composed by Mingus - 384 pgs
Miles - 448 pgs
Herbie Hancock Possibilities - 368  pgs

Reading Schedule:
Finals week- 120 miles
25th-1st - 240 miles
2nd-8th - 88 miles
9th- 15th-120 herbie
16th-22nd- 120 herbie
23rd- 29th- 128 herbie
30th-5th- 120 mingus
6-12th - 120 mingus
13-19th - 120 mingus

If I do 9 blogs a book with the addition of three or so blogs I will be all set to achieve the blog requirement. As for vocabulary, I am going to keep a log going to map out my vocabulary.

^ There will be weeks where i read a lot more than 120 pages.. so this will work out so that i will be done by July 31st
Image result for 31st of july




Comments

  1. Why are these three your favorite, do you just like their music or does personality make you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What draws you to jazz music over other genres? Maybe go more in depth about what makes it your favorite. Great intro!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Project

Davis' idea of freedom in the music world (quotation)

Quote blog