Miles Davis quick burst

Throughout the book, Miles mentions many times that Dizzy Gillespie was very well known for his crazy personality on stage. Miles states that this is what he used in order to get the audience to like him and respect his music. While Miles disliked this, I think that it is an extremely useful tool to have. I have been to many different concerts. My favorite shows are the ones where the band interacts with the audience and makes it feel as though you are there in person and not watching a video of the performance. I can certainly say from my experiences being in a band, the audience seems to enjoy it when you interact with them much more than if you don't. This shows me that not all of the stuff that Miles says is the best stuff. Here is a crowd selfie from a show that we headlined in North Andover. We were talking to the crowd and then got them pumped up about taking a crowd selfie.


Comments

  1. I love the picture of your band! really connects to your topic!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Project

Davis' idea of freedom in the music world (quotation)

Quote blog