Quick burst

I recently got told that when I play the guitar, I phrase and sound like a horn player. This interested me, because when I play other music styles like the blues, I get told that I sound like a blues guitar player. Then I came down to thinking about what I had been told and came to a realization. When I listen to jazz, I hardly listen to any jazz guitar players. I only ever listen to horn players like Miles. When listening to Miles in his early career, he sounds as if he is a saxophone player. I think that this is because he only ever listened to Charlie Parker at this time. You can really hear this when he was playing with Charlie. Here is a recording of Donna Lee that features miles davis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02apSoxB7B4


Image result for miles davis and charlie parker donna lee

Comments

  1. I remember you playing in a cafe and it sounded great, so keep up the research.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Project

Davis' idea of freedom in the music world (quotation)

Quote blog